For those who like to keep abreast of technological trends, this may no longer be a topical topic, but the truth is that the world of the Metaverse continues to be unknown to a large number of people.
If that’s your case, don’t worry, RSB has prepared this article so that you can get to know some key points! 😌
#1- What is the Metaverse and how did it come about?
Created by the writer Neal Stephenson in his science fiction book “Snow Crash”, published in 1992, it can be defined as a kind of new layer of reality that integrates the real world and the virtual world, using an immersive, dynamic design and the features that bring that design to life.
In this world, people can interact with each other, work, study and have a social life through their avatars (customized virtual dolls).
#2- What are the technologies involved in the Metaverse?
Metaverso is an immersive virtual environment built using various technologies, such as:
- Augmented Reality – integration of virtual data into the real world;
- Virtual reality – three-dimensional environment built using software. To access this simulation of reality, users need computers, virtual reality glasses, among others;
- Holograms – a virtual three-dimensional image, which is created from the interference of light beams that “reflect” physical objects;
- Blockchain – public and decentralized database;
- Cryptocurrencies – virtual currencies;
- NFTs – unique digital items, in which it is possible to move values and register virtual properties.
#3- Games and Companies that bet on the Metaverse
The gaming world is the most obvious example of how the Metaverse it works. Players interact with each other across continents, virtually, while simultaneously participating in activities.
Examples are games like Fortnite, Roblox and Minecraft.
There are several companies that have also entered the world of Metaverse: Nike – created Nikeland, a platform within the Roblox game, where it is possible for them to acquire fashion NFTs; Coca Cola – also launched a collection of NFTs, in an online auction; Gucci – Collaborated with Roblox, where he sold several rare Gucci items in a virtual garden display.
#4- The economy of the Metaverse
The question that creates the most curiosity is how the economy works within the Metaverse, so we present 4 points of economy within this world:
- Music -some singers and DJs already hold events in digital environments;
- Advertising – property owners built billboards, and started selling these spaces to players who want to make some kind of advertisement;
- Casinos – there are casinos on Metaverse platforms, where players can bet, in cryptocurrencies;
- Art – virtual artists also sell their works of art registered in NFTs.
#5- How can a brand enter the world of the Metaverse?
But after all, how can a brand also belong to this virtual world?
Because it is a subject that is still little discussed in the day-to-day business, it can often become difficult to know how to insert a brand in this world, so we have prepared 4 ideas for you to try:
- Immersive e-commerce – buying physical goods through the virtual world;
- Gamification – use of the concept and environment of an online game to implement brand actions;
- Virtual Showrooms – experience an exhibition in the online environment;
- Virtual Events – events streamed online, via social media or broadcast platforms.
Curious about the world of the Metaverse and want to know more about its technologies? See here our article about Holograms!